Indian Village Killisnoo Alaska 1900 by Case & Draper. Killisnoo Island has long been inhabited by Tlingit people. In the late 1800s, the Northwest Trading Company built a fish processing plant at Killisnoo and many Tlingit moved from nearby Angoon and other areas to Killisnoo to work at the plant. The plant was destroyed in a fire in 1928 and most of the residents left Killisnoo.
Alaska20th Centurysilver emulsionNative AlaskanIndian village